Medical Care and Insurance
Excellence of Care and Coaching
We have developed a great balance between a family atmosphere and a competitive ethos at the Club. The players’ safety, enjoyment and development are our main priorities.
All of our coaches have access to excellent training and development opportunities with a view to improving the quality and safety of the coaching provided at Reeds Weybridge. These include both internal and RFU Levels 1 and 2 courses run at the Club.
Treatment on the Field
Current research into traumatic rugby injuries confirms that most injuries to players above the age of twelve occur during matches; injury is uncommon during training. Also, the treatment which is administered on the field to an injured player will determine how quickly he/she will recover. Reeds Weybridge accordingly has retained Sussex Medical Services to provide paramedic-level cover for all home matches involving players in the U13 to U21 age groups. In addition, St John Ambulance is present each Sunday during training sessions to assist in case of injuries.
Each squad also has access to first aid equipment and an allocated first aid representative who has been trained to administer first aid.
Accident and Emergency forms
Accident and Emergency forms are available to download from this page. These forms are secured and monitored by the Child Welfare Officer in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
First Aid Equipment Checklist
It is essential that first aid equipment is checked frequently therefore ensuring sufficient quantities and all items are usable. Always replenish contents of first aid box and kit as soon as possible after use. Items should not be used after the expiry date shown on packets.
The first aid box should contain the following:
- Guidance & contents card
- Individually wrapped sterile & waterproof, adhesive dressings (assorted sizes)
- Sterile eye pads, with attachment
- Six individually wrapped triangular bandages
- Safety pins
- Medium & large sized, individually wrapped, sterile un-medicated wound dressings
- Individually wrapped moist cleansing wipes
- Sterile water or saline in sealed disposable containers
- Disposable aprons and plastic gloves
- Blunt ended scissors
- Plastic disposable bags for soiled or used first-aid dressings
- Space blanket
The RFU provides insurance cover for those participating in rugby union as follows:
- Personal Accident Insurance while playing rugby union
- Public/Products Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Referees and Coaches Liability Insurance
- Directors and Officers Insurance
This cover applies to Reeds Weybridge RFC as a RFU affiliated club playing within RFU regulations or to anyone participating in an RFU approved activity.